Intake & Referral

Intake & Referral

Intake for Mental Health Services

Intake Line: 1 (800) 762-0157

Denton County MHMR Center is now taking Walk-Ins for Intakes.

Before walking in please contact our Intake Line to complete a Pre-Screening, 1 (800) 762-0157 .

If you walk-in and haven’t completed the pre-screening you will be asked to call the Intake Line before being seen.

The intake line will ask specific questions and advise you that you are eligible to come to the Center’s Denton or Flower Mound location for an intake any time between the office hours of 8:00 am to 5:00 pm, Monday through Friday. Please plan for 2-3 hours for the entire process. Our team will complete as much as they can before the office closes, but may need to continue the appointment the next business day. You will be requested to bring in proof residency, insurance information (if available) and Texas ID or Texas driver’s license.

Financial Information Disclosure:

The mental health services we offer are funded by the State of Texas and  local government. , We do not deny services to anyone for inability to pay for them.. Our charge for Services are not based on your ability to pay . They are based on income and family size. The way we determine your ability to pay is fair and is the same for everyone. We will show you how we determine the charges and answer any questions you might have.

Information Needed/Eligibility:

Financial information is required, and payor sources will be utilized for qualifying services. Insurance cards, Medicaid cards, and Reward Letters are to be provided during the intake process.
Must be a resident of Denton County.

Insurance we accept:

  • CHIP
  • * Medicaid needs to be in Denton County
  • Amerigroup Medicaid
  • Cigna Health Springs Medicaid
  • Aetna Medicaid
  • Cooks/Beacon Medicaid
  • Superior Foster care only
  • Traditional Medicare and the only Medicare Part C we accept is Medicare Part C with Amerigroup/Amerivantage.

Please provide your insurance information upon arrival.

However, Denton County MHMR does provide services to individuals who meet qualifying requirements regardless of ability to pay.

What Documents do I need to bring?

  • Proof of residence, Proof of income, any Medicaid, Medicare or Chips cards.
  • Proof of residence can be a current car insurance, current utility bill, copy of your current lease, or a letter from the individual you are living stating you live with them at that address and a utility bill or other bill in that individuals name with that address on it.
    If there is no income, you will provide a no income statement and bring in a letter from whoever is providing food and shelter.

No Surprises Act (NSA) 

Certain requirements of the federal No Surprises Act (NSA) took effect January 1, 2022. One aim of the NSA is to protect uninsured and self-pay individuals from unexpectedly high medical bills.

Of particular note for Community Centers, implementing regulations of the NSA require healthcare providers to issue a Good Faith Estimate (GFE) of expected charges in writing to clients who are uninsured or self-pay upon request or at the time of scheduling health care services.

The GFE requirement does not apply to individuals enrolled in Medicaid, Medicare, Indian Health Services, Veterans Affairs Health Care, TRICARE, or a federal employees health benefits program. These programs have other protections against high medical bills.

In the unlikely event an uninsured or self-pay individual is billed for an amount at least $400 above the estimate, the individual may be eligible to initiate a Patient-Provider Dispute Resolution Process (PPDR) by submitting a request to HHS.